Is your toaster broken? Or perhaps, you haven’t bought a toaster yet at home? For whatever reason, you may need to toast your bread in the oven rather than a toaster.
Whether you are hosting a small gathering party with your family and friends or preparing large amounts of bread for a big party, then you can find your conventional oven helpful.
If your oven has a broiler setting, then it is excellent. You can use this feature to produce toasts with the same quality as the toaster.
You can use your conventional oven to toast any bread you want, including French bread, sandwich bread, and other types of bread.
If you are looking for the best way to toast your bread in the oven, you have come to the right place since we will show you how.
Toasting Bread in Your Oven – The Plain Bread
- First things first, you will need to preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Use a baking sheet as the layer to protect your bread.
- Place your bread slices on your baking sheet.
- Position the bread in the middle rack of the oven.
- And toast it for around 5 to 10 minutes, or more depending on the bread’s thickness.
- If necessary, you could flip over your slices of bread after a few minutes in each part.
- The frozen bread will take much longer than the room-temperature bread.
You could toast your bread for a longer time if you want darker tones. You know, each individual in your family might have different preferences of shades over their bread.
If you are toasting bread cubes, you could set the temperature at 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Let’s assume that you have prepared the cubes for the stuffing.
- Then, you will want to place them in a single layer on a baking sheet.
- Spray some oil or brush them with some melted butter.
- As usual, position the cubes in the middle rack.
- Wait until they reach the color and tones you prefer.
Toasting Your Bread with Seasonings or Sweets
You could position the oven rack in the middle or higher position in the oven, depending on the heating modes you choose.
- Before toasting your bread, make sure to preheat it to 350 degrees of Fahrenheit.
- Prepare the baking sheet and place your slices of bread on it.
- Then toast your bread.
- It will take more time if you use frozen bread.
- Watch it closely, and take out from the oven.
- Brush the upper side of the bread with the butter and add seasonings of your like.
- You can add some herbs or a sweet mixture if you prefer sweets.
- Put your bread back in the oven.
- Toast them until they are golden brown or having the shades of your choices.
- You may need to spray a little bit of water before toasting drier breeds like french bread or baguette.
- With the addition of water, it will soften the bread inside out.