Tuna steak is a good cut which gives you the freedom to be creative in the kitchen. There are a lot of ways how to Cook Tuna Steak in Oven in Foil for you and your family.
Thanks to its nice texture and versatility, you can apply a wide array of seasonings and marinades, and you can’t ever go wrong with it.
How to Cook Tuna Steak in Oven in Foil?
Tuna steaks are usually seared quickly on a hot grill. But you can also cook it in the oven while wrapping it in foil.
If you want less oily food to take for dinner, wrapping your tuna steak in foil with aromatics and spices will be a great idea.
You can cook your tuna steak with most of the ingredients you can easily find in your kitchen.
Preparing Your Tuna Steaks
Chances are you’ve gotten frozen tuna steaks from the market.
If you are using the frozen tuna, you will want to let it sit for a while until it reaches the normal temperature. It will get you ready to cook your tuna.
But, not too quick. Dry the surface of the tuna first using your kitchen towel. Then you are good to go.
The Method in Foil
Wrapping tuna steaks in foil packages will ensure all of the aromatics and seasonings sucked into the tuna’s meat.
You will taste every single spice in each cut you take. It will be succulent, juicy, tender, and marvellous.
The oven-baked tuna steak in foil other name is en papillote.
It is the method which combines the steaming and baking to produce rich, tasty, and tender fish in the end.
Yes, you’ve heard the word “steaming” by then, so it is not surprising that most of the recipes involve the liquid.
Some people use white wine, but I would prefer to choose citrus juice because it can remove the tuna’s odd smell.
But ,if you have attained an odourless tuna steak at home, you don’t have to use citrus juice.
You could replace it with white wine, soy sauce, fish sauce, or any other liquids type, depending on your particular recipe.
Let’s take a look at my recipe below. Keep in mind that I am using citrus juice as the liquid for steaming here.
You May Also Like:
- How to Cook a Top Round Roast in the Oven with Vegetables?
- How to Cook King Crab Legs in the Oven?
- How to Cook a New York Strip Roast in the Oven?
- How to Cook a Boneless Pork Loin Roast in the Oven?
How to Cook Tuna Steak in Oven in Foil? Ingredients
- Half of the citrus (10-20 ml for each slab of tuna steak)
- Sliced onions
- Sliced leeks
- Thinly sliced carrots
- A little bit of fennel
- Some capers
- Some cherry tomatoes
Step by Step Cooking Process
- Before everything else, preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Prepare two layers of foil for each tuna steak.
- Season the tuna steak using salt and pepper. Place the leeks and onions at the bottom. Then place your tuna steak.
- Take the juice out from the citrus and apply it evenly at the top of the tuna steak.
- Place the other ingredients (capers and cherry tomatoes) at the top of the tuna steak or surrounding it.
- Wrap the fish and fold them down tightly. Make sure you secure the fish and the other ingredients.
- Wrap the foil neatly to trap all of the juices inside.
- Place the foil package in a pan and bake it in the oven with the constant heat for 15 to 20 minutes, depending on the meat’s thickness.
- Get it out of the oven. Let it sit for five minutes. Then unwrap and serve.