The oven is probably one of the busiest appliances in your home.
You and your family use it for everything from roasting the foods, warming your pizza, making breakfast, drying the species, baking your sweet goods, and many more.
Its versatility has been an essential aspect for all of the households.
But since it does the work for most of the kitchen tasks, it can collect the residues of the foods from time to time.
You will want to clean the toaster oven tray regularly to maintain its performance and cleanliness.
Why Clean the Tray Regularly?
There’s a good reason why you need to clean the oven tray.
Like other appliances in your kitchen, the cleanliness of the appliances can maintain its performance and be energy-efficient.
When your oven tray collects more greases, it will enforce your oven to operate heavily.
The heat won’t evenly be distributed so that you will need to cook your foods longer.
The longer you use your oven for every food you make the more money, you will spend on monthly energy bills.
The thick grease and leftover can quickly build up in the interior of your oven.
Besides the inevitable result above, the food residues will get burned during your baking, giving awful smell and tastes to your food.
And since most of these food residues are non-edible, these can intoxicate your foods as well.
How to Clean a Toaster Oven Tray?
There are some tips to clean your toaster oven tray.
Here is what you can try at home.
With Hot and Soapy Water:
- You could cover your tray with hot and soapy water.
- Use a mild solution if you don’t want to ruin the metal in your tray.
- Let it sink in hot water for around 40 minutes.
- Scrub your tray with a coin.
- Then rinse your tray and clean it with water.
Keep in mind that this method does not work for non-stick pans. You will want to rub it with a brush instead.
Using Baking Soda and White Vinegar
- You will need to prepare a cup of baking soda and a cup of white vinegar.
- Keep in mind that the proportion of ingredients is 1:1. So, you can adjust the volume depending on the size of your toaster oven tray.
- Mix them with hot water in the sink. Soak your toaster oven tray for around 40 minutes. And then, scrub with a non-scratch pad.
- Rinse and clean.
There you have it!
Overcome the Burnt Bits
The burnt bits around the edges are usually hard to remove. You could use the baking soda to handle it.
- Cover the affected area with baking soda.
- Leave it for an hour or two.
- Then scrub with a non-scratch scouring pad.
Removing the Grease
Removing the grease can be tricky because the fats are difficult to handle.
- You will need to use the washing solution from the top brand in the market to help you.
- You could start it by wiping as much grease as you can with a paper towel.
- And then, soak the tray in the sink with hot and soapy water.
- Depending on the grease amount in your tray, you could soak it for at least 30 minutes or more.
- Use the scratch-free score to scrub all of the greases.
- You may need to do it multiple times until the grease comes off.